Lithgow Blast Furnace.

From Engineering Heritage New South Wales


This is the site of the blast furnace and auxiliary plant erected by William Sandford in 1906-7 and extended by the Hoskins company in 1913.

Until 1928 it served the Lithgow iron and steel industry: the first continuously economic producer of Australian steel, which made possible the establishment of other steel-producing centres at Newcastle and Port Kembla.


EHS Lithgow Blast Furnace Photograph 1.JPG

Coordinates 33°28′30″S 150°10′13″E

EHS Lithgow Blast Furnace Photograph 2.JPG
EHS Lithgow Blast Furnace Photograph 3.JPG
EHS Lithgow Blast Furnace Photograph 4.JPG

From: https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g504256-d12251488-Reviews-Blast_Furnace_Park-Lithgow_Blue_Mountains_New_South_Wales.html

EHS Lithgow Blast Furnace Photograph 5.JPG

From: https://monumentaustralia.org.au/themes/technology/industry/display/102054-historic-engineering-marker-lithgow-blast-furnace-

EHS Lithgow Blast Furnace Photograph 6.JPG
EHS Lithgow Blast Furnace Photograph 7.JPG
EHS Lithgow Blast Furnace Photograph 8.JPG
EHS Lithgow Blast Furnace Photograph 9.JPG
EHS Lithgow Blast Furnace Photograph 10.JPG

From: https://monumentaustralia.org.au/themes/technology/industry/display/102054-historic-engineering-marker-lithgow-blast-furnace-

Loading map...

Engineering Heritage Recognition Program

Marker Type Engineering Heritage National Marker (EHNM)
Award Date October 1992
Prominent People Malcolm Humble
Nomination Document Not available
Supporting Document Available here
Ceremony Report Not available
Interpretation Panel As photo adjacent
Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.